Final Conference and Workshop / 11/10/2015 - 11/11/2015
BioConSepT Exploitation Event
You are looking for cutting edge technologies and solutions for biomass conversion, separation, upscaling and applications? The EU project BioConSepT approaches the finishing line. On November 10-11, the consortium presents its final results in Merseburg (Leipzig area, Germany).
Fraunhofer CBP and IGB are partners in this joint project and will contribute in the event with presentations. The program is completed with a visit to the Fraunhofer CBP pilot facility in Leuna.
Registration is open, the registration deadline is on 29 September 2015.
Check the BioConSepT website for more information and registration.
10 November, 10:00 – open end (Merseburg, Leuna)
“From bugs to full process development” – Presentations on various topics
- Improved fungal and bacterial host strains for production of biochemicals
- Bioconversion development: biocatalysts, enzymes and fermentation development
- Separation and purification technologies
- Production of carboxylic acid and long-chain dicarboxylic acid
- Synthesis of biosurfactants
- Biobased products and application development
- Process design
Visit of Fraunhofer CBP pilot plant in Leuna (transport organized)
11 November, 9:00 – 13:00 (Merseburg)
“Bringing the lab to pilot scale” – main results of:
- Scaling up the fungal production of FDCA (2,5-furandicarboxylic acid) from lignocellulosic feedstock
- Scaling up the enzymatic epoxidation of 2nd generation plant oil