Downstream Processing of Proteins
Various chromatographic methods are available at the Fraunhofer IGB for the development and implementation of purification processes for proteins in bacterial or eukaryotic fermentation broths and other protein-containing liquids:
- Anion and cation exchange chromatography,
- Gel chromatography (size exclusion),
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography
- Different modes of affinity chromatography (Ca-, Ni-, immunoaffinity, protein A).
Equipment for continuous chromatographic processes, such as the SMB and MCSGP processes, is also available.
The chromatographic processes can be carried out both on an analytical and a preparative scale.
Filtration and dialysis
The purification, concentration and dialysis of protein solutions via continuous micro- or ultrafiltration can be carried out with appropriate methods and equipment.
- Äkta-Cross-Flow for purification, concentration and dialysis of protein solutions via continuous micro- or ultrafiltration
- Methods Scouting