The technical enzymes module is being integrated at Fraunhofer CBP in order to permit research work on the development and scaling of biotechnological processes as well as the production of enzymes up to the pilot scale. Depending on the microorganism and the product, the complexity of biotechnological processes requires different methodological approaches for the upstream and downstream processing. Therefore, the plant is characterized by a high degree of flexibility, as the various units can be connected and used as required.
The module incorporates bioreactors for various fermentation scales (upstream processing) of 10 L, 100 L, 300 L, 1 m³ and 10 m³.
For downstream processing of the microorganism and their products various units are available for the use of different methods:
- Separator for cell separation
- Homogenizer for cell breakdown
- Micro/ultrafiltration plant for concentrating
- Crystallization tank
- Chromatography column for further product purificatio
- Dry freezer and spray dryer for product preservation